Thursday, January 31, 2013

I ★ Chicago Envelope



I love Chicago, my home town. I also love the Chicago flag.

 For a special birthday gift -- a Chicago flag lapel pin --I needed the perfect envelope. With the help of the Arnold Grummer square envelope template, and a tiny star-shaped cookie cutter, the perfect envelope was born.

I started with a white envelope. While the envelope was still wet and on the papermaking screen, I used a squeeze bottle full of light blue pulp to form two blue stripes on the large-holed black  mesh screen, then placed the two blue stripes on to the envelope. Then I poured red pulp into  the star cookie cutter set on the  black mesh screen and placed those stars between the stripes.
This is the same pulp paiting method I used to make the birch trees in an older post



No comments:

Post a Comment