Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Could Write a Book


. . . and I have!
A whole book out of handmade paper.
Here is my illustrated version of the children's song "This Old Man."
I have always loved that song. That little "knick-knack-paddy-whack"  captures my imagination. What exactly does it sound like and what makes that sound?  In my version "knick-knack paddy whack" has a very definite sound.

This old man
He played four
He played knick-knack
out my door



 And who is this old man anyway?  I made him a not-so-old old muscian.

If you have seen my cards, you know I love to make pictures that tell stories. So even this little rhyme tells a story of the day a girl, her mom and their pup are visited by an old friend, who makes music all over the place, and then rolls home.


He played knick-knack on my hive!



It was great fun to make this book and to make the paper for the illustrations --from the beige band-aide, to the yellow dandilions. I am already humming a tune and collecting paper for my next book.

Please enjoy this preview, and yes, it is for sale!

By Illustrated by ...

No comments:

Post a Comment